The Magnolia “Little Gem” is an excellent screening choice for smaller spaces that can’t handle the monster trees
- The Little Gem only gets 20-25 feet tall (Southern magnolias can get up to 70 ft).
- Will take partial shade or full sun, with moderate growth of 1-2 feet per year.
- Uniquely will also endure wetter soil conditions for brief periods
- Blooms midsummer with big beautiful white blooms of the southern antebellum tradition full of exquisite fragrance
- Broad leaves shiny on top brownish on bottom
- Plant to level of root ball
- **Best dug and planted in fall through early spring**