These trees are one tough cookie - as an experiment in the tree’s ruggedness, we tried for years to kill one, even taking it out of the ground by the roots and laying it on a gravel parking lot in the heat of summer, two months later the tree had managed turn up to the sun with the branches, just amazing!
- Crape myrtles come in all sorts of colors and sizes - pink, white and red are easily available. Long lasting blooms start in mid June and can last througout the rest of the summer and into fall if conditions are right.
- Moderate growth usually 1-2 feet per year, depending on variety. The tree form Crape Myrtles that we sell usually grow between 15 and 30 ft tall without pruning depending on the variety.
- You can leave a Crape Myrtle alone without pruning to turn into a beautiful tree or you can bob prune it to keep at a desirable height
- This tree adds beauty in the summer with long lasting blooms and when mature the bark is just beautiful on its own
- Just choose a color and quantity and you will enjoy these trees for years to come
- **Can be planted year around**
- Some varieties can be suseptible to powdery mildew, which can be minimized with applications of fungicide.
- Japanese beetles find this tree to be appetizing and can strip the leaves, but fear not, this does not kill the tree and it will recover. You can spray a pesticide to hasten the departure of the pest. You can minimize the beetles by treating your turf for grubs at the appropriate times of year. (grubs are baby japanese beetles)