- Extremely drought tolerant
- Fine leaf texture, bright green, dense and low growing
- Tolerates heavy traffic well and when injured recovers more rapidly than other grasses.
- Better shade tolerance than tifway 419
- Earlier spring green up and later color retention in the fall
- Aggressive enough to compete with weeds- Minimal need for chemical weed control.
- Disease and insect problems can easily be controlled by mild chemical application if needed.
- Is not a comparable replacement for extreme shade area. While it does withstand a bit more shade than regular Tifway 419, it is not as shade tolerant as some of the Zoysia grasses
- Warm Season Grass (Goes dormant in winter and turns brown, though roots are still active.)
- During hot or dry periods apply at least 1 inch of water - 4 to 7 days to develop a deep, healthy root system.
- Avoid frequent, shallow watering – this will cause shallow roots, permitting weed germination and growth.
- Fertilize 1 or 2 times a year, spring and fall, with a complete fertilizer containing nitrogen, phosphate and potassium - apply nitrogen at 1-2 lbs per 1,000 sq. ft. per year.
- Apply or have applied pre-emergent (weed preventative) in early spring and fall.